Returning to the exhibition this year will be the Recruitment Wall, available throughout the three days of Railtex, powered by Rail Media’s Railway People.
The Recruitment Wall will provide access to an extensive range of exhibitors’ job opportunities, helping to match them with the skills of visitors seeking career development.
Interested candidates can talk to the prospective employers on their stand at Railtex or apply online.
Seminar and Panel Discussion: Securing the next generation
Thursday 16 May | 10:30 – 12:00 | Conference Zone
Free to attend seminar hosted by the Railway Gazette will address the issues of recruitment, training and retention of staff in UK rail over the past decades. Multiple initiatives have been launched across the rail sector and in related fields such as engineering, led by the UK Rail Sector Skills Strategy. In this open discussion a panel of industry leaders will assess key questions faced by organisations recruiting in the rail industry.
Nick Kingsley, Managing Editor of Railway Gazette Group
Robert Hopkin, Head of Development, Birmingham Centre for Railway Research & Education
Ashraf Nsubuga, West Midlands Chairman, Young Railway Professionals
Sarah McKee, Head of Communications, Eiffage Kier, HS2 Team
Richard Toy, CEO, Auctus Management Group Ltd
Topics For Discussion:
- How much progress has been made in bridging the skills gap over the last five years, and what are the key steps needed in the next five
- What are the key tools and initiatives needed to improve the diversity of the UK rail sector
- How will the labour needs of major rail investment projects be accommodated over the next five to 10 years
- What more can be done to improve the attractiveness of rail careers to younger people, parents, teachers and career advisors
- The type of work undertaken by rail staff is changing rapidly, driven largely by the rise of digital technology. How can we equip the next generation of rail staff to work in a changing sector